Since our last show I’ve gotten a few questions on how to create countdowns, how to edit videos and audio clips and sound effects, so I hijacked this episode to share some of the resources I use for animated full-motion backgrounds, animated clip art, game sounds, background tracks and more. I share free software and other resources as well.
- Adobe Audition – Audio editing software.
- Sony Vegas – Video editing software.
- Audacity – Free audio editor for PC. (Tutorial)
- Windows Live Movie Maker – Free video editing software for the PC. (Tutorial)
- Animation Factory – The best and cheapest source for motion backgrounds, animated clip art, PowerPoint backgrounds.
- Free Sound effects – freesound.org
- Great Sound effects, not free – soundsnap.com
- NewGrounds’ Audio Portal – An excellent resource for driving music to go behind a game or countdown.
- High Voltage Kids Ministry – Game music, altar music, video countdowns, curriculum
- Countdown Creator – Quickly and easily merge music, backgrounds and text to create custom video countdowns.