I do these things called Jumps in my services… always have. Since I stared using the High Voltage Kids Ministry Curriculum I’ve been creating custom Jumps and wanted to share them.
Jumps are short video clips you can use to break up your service. I use them to help with transitions between segments. All of the Jumps require a response from the crowd and end with all attention focused on the leader.
There are three sets currently available for download. These clips are free, but you could send a $1 donation per zip file to my paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like.
I hope these are of use to you. If you have questions or comments I’d love to hear from you!
Here are instructions:
JAM City Jumps
- Pigeons – Kids duck their heads and cover them with their hands. First team down wins.
- Stick Um Up! – Kids raise their hands and freeze their bodies and mouths. First team frozen wins.
- Twister! – Kids stand and spin around. Leader says “Amen”. Kids sit. First team back in their seats focused wins.
P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens) Jumps
- Pray! – Group bows head. First team down wins.
- Push! – Kids stand, put hands palms out in front of them and freeze. First team frozen wins.
- Praise! – Stand with hands up, spinning, say “Woo!” (call amen when done) First team back in seat wins.
Alien Kids Jumps
- Blast off! – Kids jump up with fists in the air and freeze. First team frozen wins.
- Freeze Ray! – Kids freeze in crazy poses. First team frozen wins.
- Shields Up! – Kids stand and face the back of the room. First team turned wins.
BGMC (Boys and Girls Missionary Challenge) Jumps
- Boing! – Kids jump up and down until you say “Amen”. First team back in seats and focused wins.
- Gasp! – Kids open mouths and put hands on their cheeks (think Home Alone). First team to do it wins.
- March! – Kids march in place until you say “Amen”. First team back in seats and focused wins.
- Clap! – Kids clap (and cheer if you wish). Loudest team wins.
- (Note that they spell BGMC)